We are gearing up for our next big project
A co-production with Copenhagen based music ensemble Figura, EXODUS will be developed in Salt Lake City and premiere here on July 28, 29, and 30th. We will then tour this SLC-created work to the prestigious Copenhagen Opera Festival in August.
EXODUS will bring together 15 local and international artists, original choreography, opera, music, design, and dance in a stunning site specific venue. The work will explore the implications of mass movement, both individually and collectively.
All funds raised this year through Love Utah Give Utah will go towards the EXODUS project and we need your help!
Our goal is to raise $4321 in 24 hours. Ambitious – yes, impossible – no.
Please Donate now >
Today's success is based in part on how many people give, not just how much (The average is just $61). We love your support, and any donation you can give will be further appreciated via NOW-ID's awards program.
What we do in the community and abroad?
Since the company formed in 2013 we have:
- Produced 6 major performances in 6 distinctly different spaces reaching a combined audience number of 2186 people.
- Toured and performed at the Kansas Dance Festival and will tour this year to The Copenhagen Opera Festival.
- Developed Space As Collaborator, the first summer workshop of its kind in the US targeted towards Designers, Choreographers and Dancers set in a site-specific context. In our first, 11 pieces were created in 5 days, and shown free of charge to a combined audience of over 150 people.
- Through educational residencies, we have reached: In Utah – 198 students of dance; Nationally – 345 students of dance; Internationally – 158 students.
- Created an original film as resident artist at Summit AIR in Eden, Utah.
- Curated a Pecha Kucha night focused specifically on design, space, performance and dance to a sold out audience (400+).
- Launched our annual fundraiser “House of Apocalypse” to rave reviews last September for 160 people (Set to return again on September 24, 2016).
- Hosted several meet-the-artists events, giving our audiences a window into the creative process.
- Introduced an exclusive interview series 'NE PLUS ULTRA' that focuses on local, national and international artists and designers, who do extraordinary work. This is published through our newsletter and on our blog and reaches 10,000+ people monthly.
- Collaborated with local and International organizations aligned with our vision: Tanner Dance, Utah Museum of Contemporary Art, CUAC, The Kimball Art Center in Park City, Lunatic Fringe, The University of Utah, CityHomeCollective, Flying Bobcat Theatrical Laboratory, Summit AIR, Figura Ensemble and more.